Classic 4 Day Inca Trail Hike
Inca Trail Hike 4 days
The Classic Inca Trail Hike & Machu Picchu takes you along the Inca highway, past Inca ruins, through cloudforests and moorlands, to it's crowning glory, Machu Picchu.
Climbing the endless Inca steps high up in the Andes and then catching your first glimpse of the Inca citadel from the Sun Gate is a memory you'll carry with you always.
The route begins at km. 82 of railway line at the town of Pisqakucho, after crossing a modern suspension bridge over the Vilcanota river, it passes the small communities Wayllabamba, Warmiwañuska pass at 4200 msnm (13,780 feet) from here it descends to Pakaymayu, then ascends to mountain pass of the same name, descends again until Sayaqmarka, Phuyupatamarka and Wiñaywayna. It along a flat paht and then goes some fifty steps that lead to Intipunku. From here it leads finally to the inca city of Machu Picchu.
Remember that due to the huge amount of people that comes daily to the Inca Trail, the Peruvian Government has ruled the entrance to 500 people per day including tourists, tour guides, cooks and porters.
This trip requires Inca Trail Permits. View permit availability here.
(Live updated by Peruvian Toursim Board - opens Adobe PDF) - note if there are no availability and wish to visit Machu Picchu, you can still contact us to see for alternative treks which we can offer such as the Salkantay Trek 4 day, 5 day Salkantay trek, 4 days Inca Jungle Trail or the 2 days Short Inca Trail.
Itinerary: Classic Inca Trail Hike
- Professional, bilingual Tour Guide
- Transportations Cusco to 82 km
- Assistant Guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Pick you up from your hotel
- Train back (Expedition cerrojo service to Ollanta) and bus to Cusco.
- Water (you have to bring only for first day of trek, then we will provide you with drinking -previously boiled- water).
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners vegetarian food on request at no extra cost. (the last lunch in Aguas Calientes are not included)
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Spacious tents
- Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment.
- Bus tickte (Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes)
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu – there is a fee of $75 per person payable via Paypal in advance so we can secure permits
- Additional portering service to carry personal items ($75)
- Sleeping bag : USD 20.00 (per unit / 3 nights)
- Walking pole : USD 8.00 (per unit / 4 days)
- Vistadome train upgrade Aguas Calientes to Poroy: USD 70.00 (Not available from January to April)
- Single tent supplement : USD 35.00
- Aguas Calientes overnight
Prices may vary according to type of accommodation, time of year and number of participants. Please Contact us for further information.