Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 5 days
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
The Salkantay 5 day Inca Trail Trek is an amazing alternative route to Machu Picchu.
The Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu is one of the most complete that the mountain range Vilcabamba has to offer, as well as one of the most beautiful. One passes by the snowy-mountain peak of Salkantay, with camping close to the Andean lakes and a final descent that arrives to a dense tropical jungle. The trek ends in Machupicchu. During the hike one can enjoy the local flora and fauna typical to the Andean jungle zone, that also offers thermal lakes and remote valleys.
In this program, our team is in charge of providing all the necessary facilities and requirements so that one may enjoy the hike with security and pleasure.
Day 1 : Cusco - Mollepata - Soraypamapa
Day 2 : Soraypamapa - Salkantaypampa- Paso Humantay - Challhuay
Day 3 : Challhuay- La Playa - Santa Teresa
Day 4 : La Playa - Llactapata - Aguas Calientes
Day 5 : Aguas calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Full Itinerary: Salkantay Trek Itinerary
The sequence of times and camping locations indicated for the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu are subject to modification depending on weather
conditions or unforeseen events.
Best time to do the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
There are two main seasons in the sub-tropical Peruvian Andes – a dry season that runs from late April through to early October, and a wet season that starts mid to late October and draws to a close in April.
We hope that we have answered many of your questions about the Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu. If you have any unanswered questions, please contact us directly and we will respond within 24hours. We very much welcome questions or feedback so that we can keep this article up to date. Thanks!
- Professional, bilingual Tour Guide
- Pick up from your hotel
- Train ticket from Hidroelectric to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus Ollantaytambo Cusco
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
- 1 Bus ticket up to Machu Picchu.
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 4 dinners
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- 2-people tents
- Horseman and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment and up to 06 kilos of tourist's belongings)
- 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Extra oxygen
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
- First breakfast
- Last Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag
- Entrance fees to hot spring