- 1 Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- 2 DAY-BY-DAY SUMMARY
- 3 Full Itinerary: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 5 days
- 4 When’s the best time to go?
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
This 5 days Inca Trail Trek covered the same distance than Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, but this Inca Trail Expedition gives you more time to apreciate the nature and archaeology along the way, we spend one long fourth day visiting Wiñaywayna, before to reach Machu Picchu, we have 3 nights camping and one night in a nice hotel in Aguas Calientes, on the fifth day we return to Machu Picchu early enought to see the sunrise, have the guided tour and enjoy the citadel.
We can appreciate valleys that contain endemic wildlife, between stretches of puna and cloud forest. We enjoy the amazing and mysterious archaeological sites half covered by jungle overgrowth, which look like you are discovering them for the first time.
Day 1: Cusco – Piskacucho – Patallaqta
Day 2: Patallaqta – Llulluchapampa
Day 3: Llulluchapampa – Phuyupatamarka
Day 4: Phuyupatamarka – Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
Full Itinerary: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 5 days
Day 1: Cusco - Piskacucho - Patallaqta
- Distance: 5 Km (3.10 miles)
- Estimated walking time: 4 Hours
- Highest point: 2650 m (8,694 ft)
- Campsite: 2,500 m (8,202 ft)
Day 2: Patallaqta - Llulluchapampa
- Distance: 14 Km (8,69 miles)
- Estimated walking time: 6 Hours
- Highest point: 3800 m (12,467 ft)
- Campsite: 3,800 m (12,467 ft)
Day 3: Llulluchapampa - Phuyupatamarka
Phuyupatamarka - Wiñaywayna - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes - Cusco
When’s the best time to go?
The most popular months to trek the Trail are June, July and August, when the weather is warm and visibility is at its best. However, the summer shoulder months; April, May and September are less busy, so walkers will have more time and space to enjoy the trail.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Main Square, Cusco|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive 2 days before the trek.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 9:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE
- Rain Coat (plastic)
- Thick Jumper
- Coat (parka)
- Cream protector against the sun
- Cap or hat
- Glasses for the sun
- You bounce or slipper for walk
- T Shirts
- Wool stockings or sport
- Canteen or bottle of water
- Photographic camera
- Personal medications suggested by their doctor.