If you desire an extra day in Cusco and want to visit an additional site, the village of Chinchero is an ideal place in a fertile region of the valley. The people still walk about in their typical, picturesque dress with a combined Indian-Spanish influence. The village is surrounded by the beautiful snowy-capped peaks of Chicón and Veronica.
Indigenous lore says that Chinchero, one of the valley’s major Inca cities, was the birthplace of the rainbow.
This program invites you to enjoy Chinchero, a genuine mix between the Inca and Spanish culture.
- Profesional Guide
- Tourist ticket: 70 soles for the 4 Inca sites (If you are also doing the Sacred Valley tour, it is actually better to purchase the 10-day tourist ticket which is 130 soles total (which gives you access to other sites in the Sacred Valley and some museums and attractions in Cusco and is good for 10 days)
- Expenses of personal nature such as beverages, laundry, tips
- Guide gratuity
- Any item including meals which has not been covered in the itinerary
- All optional tours or activities during free time
- Transfers outside of the tour program
Itinerary: Chinchero Visit
Day 1: Chinchero Visit
Private transfer Cusco – Chinchero, Located 35 km. (22 miles) northwest of Cusco, the town of Chinchero lies on the foundations of an important Inca site built in late 1400s. Brightly dressed, the people of Chinchero gather in the main plaza to barter foodstuffs and offer visitors an array of crafts from the Cusco region against scenery of breathtaking beauty.
Market only Thursdays and Sundays.
The sequence of times indicated is subject to modification depending on weather conditions or unforeseen events