Machu Picchu Train Tour 4 days
Cusco and Machu Picchu are obligatory destinations for all those who visit Perú. In Cuzco, the central plaza was also the center of the Inca empire and extended from there to encompass large portion of South America. It´s easy to be impressed by the varity of architectural motifs in the streets and from there, to Machu Picchu where one may enjoy the vegetation and the humid environment of a city lost for centuries in the mysterious mountains. This Machu Picchu train tour is an alternative tour for those who wish to enjoy some of the most charming locations in the planet. Our team is in charge of providing all the necessary facilities and requirements to ensure security and a pleasant tour.
Day 1: Cusco – City Tour
Day 2: Sacred Valley – Cusco
Day 3: Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Day 4: Cusco
Full Itinerary: Machu Picchu Train Tour 4 days
Day 1: Cusco - City Tour
- Airport transfer to hotel in Cusco.
- City Tour in the city of Cusco in the afternoom
- Visit to the Cathedral and the Sun Temple (Qoricancha).in time of the Incas.
- Visit to the archaeological sites of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay
- Overnight at Hotel in Cusco
Day 2: Sacred Valley - Cusco
- Excursion by bus to the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Guided visit to arqueological places called (Pisaq Ollantaytambo, Chinchero and the marcket)
- Lunch in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Return to the Hotel in Cusco.
Day 3: Cusco - Machu Picchu - Cusco
- Transfer from hotel to train station
- Excursion to the Lost City of the Incas by train.round trip
- Bus to visit the Historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu round trip
- Visit the Historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- Transfer from the train station to the Hotel.
Day 4: Cusco
- Transfer out from hotel to airport or bus station.
Things to do:
You can climb Huayna Picchu (the mountain behind Machu Picchu). It takes 45 minutes to reach the top and the view from the top over Machu Picchu is worth it. (There is a limit of 400 people who are permitted to climb this, so if you want to do it, it is good to go immediately after your tour.) From the top of this mountain you can also walk down to the Moon Temple (a cave).
It takes 45 more minutes to get there and from there, a further hour walk to get back to Machu Picchu itself.
Walk up to the Sun Gate (45 minutes to 1 hour).
Walk to the Inca Bridge (40 minutes).
Please leave enough time to catch your train. It is a 20-minute bus ride from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes and buses leave when they are full.
It is also necessary to be at the train station in good time (20 minutes before).
If you want to have lunch down in the town, we advise leaving Machu Picchu by 2.30pm. Your train usually leaves at 5pm and you will arrive in Cusco at approximately 9pm. We will pick you up from the station and take you back to your hotel.
|Destination||Cusco, Machu Picchu|