Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu
The short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is the best option If you’re not sure you’re up for strenuous 4-Day Inca Trail hike. A different way of visiting Machu Picchu, the easier Inca trail combines a moderate hike of two days with a visit to the most important archeological complex in all of South America.
On the first day, the tour begins with a hike through the midst of ancient Incan remains and natural landscapes, which one enters through the Sun portal and continues on to the lost city of Machupicchu. In the evening, one has the opportunity to relax in the hot springs of the nearby city of Aguas Calientes. The following day is devoted to visiting the best sites of the archeological sanctuary and marveling at the vistas and panoramic views that the site offers. The routes and camping sites have been groomed in such a way as to facilitate access and safety while additionally offering much to enjoy in the way of a unique environment.
In order to best prepare for the hiking tour, it´s advisable to take two days of acclimatization in the surroundings of Cusco so that our team can offer all the facilities and comforts necessary to enjoy the route to its fullest.
Itinerary: Short Inca Trail
Day 1: Cusco - Wiñaywayna - Machu Picchu
- Early morning transfer to Train Station
- Early departure on train from Cusco, passing through the highland plains to later descend into the Sacred Valley of the Incas, from where we follow the course of the Vilcanota (or Urubamba) river until reaching Km. 104 of the train line. We leave the train and cross the river at the point where the archaeological complex of Chachabamba is located (2,250 m // 7,381 feet). From there we ascend for approximately 3 hours to reach the fascinating archaeological group of Wiñaywayna (2,650m // 8,694 feet) where we partake and enjoy a picnic.
- In the afternoon we walk along the cloud forest toward the sun gate (Intipunku) from where we appreciate our very first panoramic -and very spectacular- view of Machupicchu.
- A short walk through the ruins brings us to the point where we board the bus that will take us down to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- There, we can (optionally) visit the Hot Springs
- Number of hours of the trek: 6 hours
- Lodging: Overnight in the Hotel
- Box Lunch/D
Day 2: Machu Picchu - Cusco
- After breakfast we board the first bus up to Machupicchu to enjoy the sunrise before the arrival of the tourist groups from Cusco. A guided tour follows, with the rest of the morning free to explore the site on your own.
- In the afternoon we descend to Aguas Calientes and return by train to Ollantaytambo
- Train from town of Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Train Station of Ollantaytambo to Hotel.
- Number of visiting hours in Machu Picchu: 5h to 6h
- B/Box Lunch
The sequence of times indicated in Short Inca Trail is subject to modification depending on weather conditions or unforeseen events.
Prices may vary according to type of accommodation, time of year and number of participants. Please Contact us for further information.