The Colca canyon measures with a depth of more than 3,000 meters, thus ensuring its fame as the second deepest canyon in the world. A natural habitat to alpacas, llamas and condors, its environment
presents excellent conditions for hiking, rock-climbing, parachuting and mountain biking. In addition, pre- Inca archeological sites dot its path with tiny colonial churches, thermal springs and a marvelous
landscape, all with the possibility of viewing the swooping condors that pass overhead. Its moderate climate and altitude make Colca Canyon a perfect place to acclimatize oneself before continuing the
journey to Cusco or Puno. In this program our team is in charge of providing all the necessary facilities and requirements to ensure security and a pleasant tour.
Day 1 Arequipa – Colca
Day 2: Colca
Day 3: Colca – Transfer Puno
- Transportation and excursions included in the program
- Entrance fees foreseen in the program
- Lodging: 2 nights in Chivay Hotel (Deluxe, Superior or Standard) or Similar
- 2 Breakfast
- Qualified professional guide
- Expenses of personal nature such as beverages, laundry, tips
- Guide gratuity
- Any item including meals which has not been covered in the itinerary
- All optional tours or activities during free time
- Transfers outside of the tour program
Itinerary: Colca Canyon Trek
Day 1: Arequipa – Colca
– Very early pick-up from hotel to start the excursion.
– Excursion to the Colca Canyon on private bus + visit to Alto Sumbay + coca tea + Torra.
– Stops along the way to observe the volcanoes in the area such as the Chachani, the Sabancaya,
the Ampato, and the Hualca-Hualca.
– Possibility of taking a bath at la Calera’s hot springs.
– Overnight in Chivay, Colca Valley.
Day 2: Colca
– Visit to the Cross of the Condor look-out point where it is possible to observe the flight of the
condor who reigns over the Colca Canyon + the fantastic terraces designed by nature and the
hand of man (Colca Canyon).
– Visit to the towns of Yanque, Maca and Pinchillo and the pre-Inca cemeteries (Hanging Tobms).
– Overnight at Chivay, Colca Valley.
Day 3: Colca Transfer Puno
– Very early breakfast
– We start the trip towards Puno.
Possibility of Extension Cusco, Puno and Lima